Masoor Dal Fry/ Red lentil Stew cooked with Spices-A must try recipePreparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Preparation Time : 25 Minutes
Massor dal/red lentil is very popular in north India. It is consumed in daily basis as this dal/lentil has many benefits.But in Odisha we hardly use massor dal. In few homes the used to cook this dal, so thought to share a very delicious recipe of masoor dal.
Before we start just to want to share few benefits of Masoor dal/Red lentil below-
- Lentils help to reduce blood cholesterol since it contains high levels of soluble fiber.
- Lentils are also a great source of folate and magnesium, which are big contributors to heart health. Folate lowers your homocysteine levels, a serious risk factor for heart disease.
- Lentil have soluble fiber and it traps carbohydrates, slowing down digestion and stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- Lentils contain the third-highest levels of protein
Garlic 10 pods(finely chopped)
Ginger 1inch(finely chopped)
Green chilly 3nos(finely chopped)
Tomatoes 2medium size (roughly chopped)
Coriander Powder 1tbsp
Kashmir chilly powder 1tbsp
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Garam masala 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 2tbsp
Vegetable oil 5-6tbs
Salt to taste
- Need to soak Masoor dal for half an hour
- Now take pressure cooker put vegetable oil and once oil is heated
- Now add cumin let it crackle
- Now add garlic,ginger and green chilly wait till garlic turns slight brown and raw smell goes off
- Now add tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes turn little mushy.
- Now then add coriander powder,chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt
- saute it till masala till it roasted and cooked( all raw smell of masala goes off and oil start coming from sides)
- Now add Masoor dal n give water and close the lid and give 1-2whistle
- Let all the gas get released from cooker and your Masoor dal fry is ready to serve
- Pour little ghee on top while serving the dal fry!
Thank you all for visting my blog!!
Will be back soon with a more variation of dal/lentil recipes with my twist!!!