Kheera Sagar/Khira Sagar/Rawa/Sooji/ Semolina dumplings in sweetened, condensed milk-Odisha Special!Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Preparation Time : 40 Minutes
Khira sagar is an Odia sweet dish that literally translates to ocean of milk in the Odia language. The sweet has depiction in the Hindu mythological scripture about Lakshmi serving Vishnu and Madhusudana with it.
Khira sagara consists of marble-sized balls of rice flour dumplings soaked in sweetened, condensed milk. Saffron and cardamoms are the typical seasonings that are added to this dish. Khira sagara is typically served either at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Traditionally dumplings are made rice flour... but gave twist to it made those dumplings out of semolina/sooji/ rawa and stuffed it too with roasted grated coconut.
Milk 1 ltr
Grated coconut 1/2 cup
Ghee-1 tsp-1 tsp(greasing)
Sugar-1/4 cup + 4 tsp (adjust according to your personal preference)
Crushed black pepper and cardamom powder-1 tsp
- Take a heavy bottom pan and milk, bring it to boil and then add sugar and cardamom
- Let it cook and get reduced to half in simmer(keep string in between)
- Mean time place we will ready our dumplings and stuffing
- Now place a kadhai/fry pan add ghee
- Once the ghee is heated add sugar and
Thank you all for visting my blog!!
Will be back soon with a more traditional recipes with my twist!!!