Desi Aloo Besara Pithau/ Potato yam with mustard paste stir fry-Odisha DelicacyPreparation Time:10 Min
Cooking Time: 30 Min
Total Preparation Time : 40 Min
Hi All.. I'm back with a authentic dish of Odisha after my vacation.
Besara is famous and unique masala paste from Odisha. Besara is usually a dish which is prepared with mustard paste. These masala paste is of mustard either white or black mustard with garlic and green chilly along with rice. Different varieties of vegetables goes good lots of vegetables.
I have came with desi aloo/ Potato yam in besara/mustard paste delicious,easy, simple version.Hope you all will like it.
Cuisine: East India
Servings :4 persons
Desi Aloo/Potato Yam sliced in medium size 12 pcs(1/2 kg
Mustard 8-10 tbsp
1 tbsp of turmeric
1 tsp salt
5-6 tbsp Mustard oil
5-6 tbsp Mustard oil
Green chilly 2Nos(slit)
water 4 cup
Green chilly-4( adjust according to your requirement )
Raw rice 2 tbsp(soaked in water)
Preparation of Masala:
Place all spices mustard in mixie jar give 2 paulse, as it help in grinding.
Then add green chilli, garlic pods ,rice and little water into the jar and grind to fine paste.
- Peel of the desi aloo/potato yam properly
- Clean it with running water and keep it aside.
- Now place a open and heavy bottom frying pan and water to it
- Add salt and turmeric into it and add desi aloo/potato yam into it
- Boil it still it cooked properly(can use pressure cooker also)
- Once cooked properly ,strain and keep it aside
- Place a tawa or fry pan and grease it with oil
- Take all the mustard paste in a bowl and add salt to taste in it
- Once oil is heated, dip the cooked desi aloo/potato yam in the masala
- And place it on hot tawa/fry pan in low flame and cover it with lid
- Once the masala is roasted properly flip it to other side(in one batch can place 5-6 pieces)
- Repeat the above procedure(10&11) for the remaining batches.
- Serve hot with rice.
Thank you all for showing your interest in my blog!!!
Will be back soon with a more authentic recipes of Odisha with my twist!!!