Alu Chakta/Alu Chatanyi/Alu Chokha/Spicy Mashed Potatoes
Cooking Time: 7 Minutes
Total Cooking Time :12 minutes
Like to share some benefits of potato as there is a wrong concept about potato make us fat.
Though potatoes may be thought of as a fattening food, a medium, unsalted plain baked potato with skin has only 160 calories and is naturally fat- and cholesterol-free. ... Potatoes also offer vitamin B6, vitamin C and iron, and are an excellent source of potassium.
Important to a healthy diet, one medium-sized (5.3oz) skin-on potato has:
Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: East India
Servings: 4 person
Potatoes 3 Medium size
Onion 1 medium size(finely chopped)
Green Chilly 2 crushed(adjust according to your preference)
Mixture Odisha (Special store bought)
Mustard oil 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Clean potatoes with running water and cut into half or whole
- Place pressure cooker and place potatoes and give 2 whistle
- Let it cool completely and peel off the potato skin
- Now take your mixing bowl and mashed the potatoes with help of fork spoon(can use hands carefully as it will be hot)
- Now add chopped onions,mustard oil, mixture and crushed green chilli
- Give a good mix so that all ingredients will combined properly.
- Ready to serve with your favorite platter.