Alu Bhaja/Aloo Bhaja/Potato Stir fry- Authentic Recipe of Odisha!!
Cooking Time:10 Minutes
Total Cooking Time : 18 minutes
"Alu Bhaja/Aloo Bhaja/Potato Stir Fry" is my all time favorite dish!. And I really guess it must be favorite of all Odiya's. Odiya dish without potatoes is next to impossible.
Alu bhaja is prepared in several methods all can say all the variation's are equally delicious!.
Personally I feel it's very easy to cook in less time and can be paired with anything. As being a fan of alu bhaja I too try many variations... today I want to share with you all the easiest one.!
Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: East India
Potatoes Medium size -3 nos(Finely sliced thickness of 1 cm)
Onion 1 mediunm size(finely sliced)
Green chilly 1
Mustard Oil 5 tbsp
Whole Red chilly 1
Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Peel of the potato skin and clean the potatoes in running water
- Chopped the potatoes into thin strips(1 cm thickness)
- Put them in water immediately , otherwise it will turn black and keep it aside
- Place a fry pan or kadhai add mustard oil and once the oil is heated
- Add cumin, green chilly and whole red chilly
- Now add onion slices and saute it for 5 minutes
- Now add salt , turmeric and potatoes stripes
- Give a nice mix and cover it with lid and cook it in simmer
- Shallow fry till all potatoes stripes evenly cooked, crisped and light golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with pakahal bhata(water rice), steam rice, roti, chapati, poori or parathas.
Thank you all for showing your interest in my blog!!!
Will be back soon with a more authentic sweet recipes of Odisha with my twist!!!