Aloo podi/potaotes tossed with dal/lentil powder
Preparation Time:20 minutes
cooking Time:40 minutes
Total cooking Time: 60 minutes
Hope you guys remember my post recipe called "Podi/Gun powder"...
As promised came up with a recipe using podi!!Here is one recipe using podi/dal/lentil powder!!(link of podi http://www.lukitchen.com/2017/11/kandi-podisouth-india-famous-recipe.html
Aloo Podi/Potatoes tossed with lentils/dal powder is an unique combination of veggies with protein !!
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: South India
Servings :2 persons
3 medium size of potatoes (chopped in cubes)
6 tbsp of podi/gun powder
Asafoetida (a generous pinch)
salt to taste
5-6 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds
1 tsp of Urad Dal/split black gram)
Curry leaves(few leaves required)
- Peel off the potatoes and wash it well.
- Cut them in cubes.
- Put them in a pressure cooker and give 1 whistle(until they are cooked but do not the over cook them).
- Place a kadai or pan over a medium flame.
- Add the oil once the oil is heated, add the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the urad dal/split black gram and fry until they turn golden.
- Now add the curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
- Now, add the cooked potatoes, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Fry and roast for a while and stir continuously.
- Fry until the potatoes tun golden brown.
- Now add the podi/roasted dal/lentil powder and toss it for a 2 minute.
- Remove and serve hot.
- Goes well with rotis/Indian bread and rice.
Thank you all for showing your interest in my blog!!!
Will be back soon with a more traditional dishes soon with my twist!!!
#potatoes#lentil#podi#dal powder#gun powder#healthy#south India#recipe#kitchen